Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Turn-it-around Tuesday

Back at it today. Have to admit, I continued to take the weekend off after Friday's mishap. It's all good though. I think I needed it. I needed to be reminded of how lousy I feel when I am not on my game. Needed to feel how difficult it is to be in the gym when I'm not feeling at my best. It's all part of the process and without having little bumps in the road, how else am I to grow?

My goal for this week is to stay the same or at least minimize any gain I may end up having.

I'm having trouble letting go of the last 2 weeks on the scale. I realize I shouldn't be dwelling on the past. I know it's not always going to go smoothly. I know there are going to be weeks when I work my tail off and see very little on the scale; I also know there are times when I do next to nothing and see a big number. I realize there is no logical explanation for any of it. I try so hard not to live and die by the scale. Honestly, I do. It's just sometimes easier said than done.

Some have suggested weighing in on a month to month basis. I have a hard time with checking in only weekly as it is. I feel the scale helps to keep me honest but if things continue in this fashion for much longer, I may have to check in only once a month.

On a good note, I am having a facial tonight. It's my first reward for hitting that 25 pound loss. When I hit 43 down I'll be heading in for some hair coloring action. 43 is a magic "break through" number. I'll have a little celebration at 50 too.

And another little "announcement"  I was just notified that I placed 192 out of 229 in the 5K I did. Not too bad considering it was my first and had a slow start. Next time I'll do even better.

No comments:

Post a Comment